Family Pic 2013

Family Pic 2013

Friday, September 24, 2010

Saying Good Bye.

Well on Tuesday we sent Jeff off. He's going to be gone for a year, he's starting out at Camp Shelby in Mississippi, and then from there he well be going to Iraq. Talk about doing things so differently from when i sent him off for Afganistan( he went the first year we were married). The first time they didn't do a send off i dropped him off at the unit and then i went to work and walked out side to see the bus drive bye as they headed for the airport. This time how ever was so much harder!!! Until we got up there i never thought that Michael would ever understand that daddy wasn't going to come home for a long time. If you ask him he knows that when he turns five daddy is still going to be gone but HOPEFULLY when Bradley turns two daddy will be home, but i have never seen him cry before then. When we drop Jeff off for drill or when he went to there annual training he never cried but when he cried i knew that he knew daddy really isn't coming home for a VERY long time.
Since we have sent Jeff off Michael keeps telling me that he's going to learn how to fly a plane so that he can go and get his daddy. He came up to me today and said "Mom it's time to go pick daddy up." "Well honey we still have a long time before we can do that." " But mom i'm going to go and get him in my plane see!" Then he held up an airplane that Grandma Becky made him. I love his imagination.
The send off was something that i'll NEVER forget. I was doing so good on not crying and then I hugged my dad and wow here came the tears. It's amazing how dad's can do that to ya! We got told that the soldiers needed to say there last good byes and head for the tarmack for formation..............Wow,I didn't want to let go!
We walked closer so that we could see the soldiers lining up and you could hear all the families, Children and wives just crying. To this day i can still hear the little cries for there daddy's, there was even a little girl maybe two years old go under the rope.... she wanted her daddy back.
I'll post pictures soon.
In closing i want to thank everyone that came and supported Me and my Family! Thank you to all the men and women serving our country for our freedom, I know that i wouldn't be able to do it! I am Praying that you may all come home safely!!

3 comments:

  1. This post made me cry! You are such a strong person and I admire you and your husband so much for the sacrifice you are making!!!! Good Luck and STAY STRONG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh's little brother Joe, also left with this group! He just had a baby girl in July! Hopefully the year goes by quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am shedding tears for you and your family. Goodbyes are so hard. You are in my prayers and hopefully it will be over before you know it.

    ReplyDelete